Shaping Our Lives survey on COVID-19 and d/Deaf and Disabled people
Shaping Our Lives has been awarded a grant from the National Lottery Community Fund COVID-19 programme to:
- investigate the longer term impacts of COVID-19 emergency measures on Disabled people;
- Research the experiences of d/Deaf and Disabled People’s Organisations and other user-led groups during lock-down and beyond;
- look at how Patient Participation Groups have been involved and impacted.
They hope to find out:
- What Disabled people need to regain their confidence and independent living skills.
- Understand how remote meeting technology can increase and inhibit Disabled people’s ability to take part and get their voice heard.
- Find out if d/Deaf and Disabled people’s organisations and other user-led groups have been successful in getting funding and their capacity to offer services.
- Ask Patient Participation groups about their involvement during the pandemic and after.
Shaping Our Lives will be publishing three reports in November 2020 that will inform policy makers about the impacts and how to support d/Deaf and Disabled people’s Organisations and user-led groups in the future.
There will be a short survey coming out soon which Shaping Our Lives hopes Disabled people will complete. They are also looking for Disabled people who would be interested in doing remote interviews.
If you would be interested in this, please contact Becki by email at [email protected] or by mobile on 07956424511