Creative English Summit
Last week, FaithAction held a Creative English Summit in Birmingham where we invited all the current delivery Hubs to come and hear about the national progress, share stories and celebrate success.
We celebrated the impact of the programme, which has now reached over 1,300 learners and has a new target of 2,000 learners by July 2015.
It was brilliant to hear how Creative English has made a difference to individual’s lives, including knowledge of how to phone 999, which enabled one learner to explain the symptoms of a heart attack – new knowledge that saved her life!
We were pleased to present Coventry University’s initial evaluation findings (full evaluation due in September 2015).
Achievement awards were presented to:
- Hub of the Year – Oasis Drop In, Luton
- Volunteer of the Year – Sia Grover, Nishkam Centre
- Best Biryani – Fatima Women’s Association
- Special Achievement – Samira Quraishy, Faith Regen Foundation
- Most learners on YETI – Nishkam Centre
- Best Data Upload – Baljit Samplay, Trescom Research and Consultancy Ltd
FaithAction also updated the Hubs on the sustainability element of the programme and progressions of Family Learning, Creative English and Health, and the Creative English Alliance.
Thanks to all who came – it was a great day!