UK Health Security Agency: Expressions of interest for research on health inequalities
The Health Equity and Inclusion Health division of UK Health Security Agency (UKHSA) is in the process of commissioning a lead supplier in the next few weeks, to carry out a programme of research with people with lived experience of health inequalities.
There are two projects as part of this work:
Project one will inform the way UKHSA routinely engages with populations who experience health inequalities to ensure that UKHSA’s engagement is consistent, equitable and inclusive;
Project two will build on their understanding and evidence base of populations experiencing health inequalities and support the future approaches taken by UKHSA to health protection to ensure they are more equitable and inclusive.
The first phase of these projects (up until March 2024) will focus on:
- Vulnerable migrants;
- People experiencing or with recent experience of homelessness;
- People in contact with, or with recent experience of the criminal justice system;
- Prisons and other places of detention;
- Place-based inequality;
UKHSA would like to invite expressions of interest from voluntary and community groups, charities and social enterprises of any size in who work with these vulnerable groups and are interested in providing expertise in some upcoming projects.
They are keen to ensure that VCSE partner organisations receive fair, proportional payment for their involvement in this project. Payment will be distributed by the lead supplier, who in order to be appointed, will need to have demonstrated that they take appropriate measures to adopt an inclusive and fair approach to both recompensing partner organisations and incentivising participants.
If you would like to support this project please respond by 11am Monday 13th November to: [email protected] stating your organisation name and ‘EOI Community Engagement LSRS313’ in the subject line. Please include the following in the body of the email:
- The name of your organisation
- The type of organisation (i.e. charity, voluntary group, CIC etc)
- The location of your organisation and the geographical area you cover
- A name and contact at the organisation, to received follow up information. As this will be sent by our lead supplier when appointed, we will also need express permission from you that you consent to sharing these details.