The Homeless Health Consortium: Resources for conversations about health
The Homeless Health Consortium, part of the VCSE Health & Wellbeing Alliance have published resources a suite of resources aimed at supporting staff and volunteers to have conversations about health, as part of their Bridging the Health Gap project.
People experiencing homelessness face some of the worst health outcomes and often rely heavily on emergency care. The Bridging the Health Gap report highlighted the key role that homelessness services play in encouraging people to engage with health care. However, many staff and volunteers lack the confidence and capacity to initiate conversations about health.
The resources include:
- Document containing links to existing guidance & training around health conditions & conversations
- Workshop PowerPoint slides & plan
- Briefing on what support should be offered to staff working in frontline roles
- Health Services Directory template
- MACCA (Making all Contacts Count through Advocacy) 1-Pager – produced by Groundswell
There is also a webinar recording on approaches that workers can use to engage in health-focused conversations.