NICE Guideline: Integrated health and social care for people experiencing homelessness
The National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE) have produced a new guideline on providing integrated health and social care services for people experiencing homelessness. It aims to reduce health inequalities by improving access to and engagement with health and social care. It supports those working with people who are homeless, in particular:
- local authorities
- commissioners and providers of services
- social care practitioners
- voluntary and other organisations.
The guideline includes advice on:
- planning and commissioning
- improving access to and engagement with social care and health
- assessing people’s needs
- transitions between different settings
- staff support and development.
You can access the publication here.