Experience of Care Week: 23-27 April 2018
Experience of Care Week 2018 is an international initiative running from 23 to 27 April to celebrate the work that’s happening across health and social care to keep improving experiences of care for patients, families/carers and staff.
Throughout the week, NHS England will be taking part in social media conversations on experience of care, running webinars and taking part in events around the country.
- Voluntary sector organisations, alongside NHS providers and commissioners, are being encouraged to get involved in this milestone year of the NHS’s 70th birthday. Last year, many NHS trusts and voluntary organisations got involved, achieving a social media reach of more than 67 million people.
The aims of the week are to:
- Raise the profile of improving Patient Experience, Staff Experience, Carers Experiences and Experience of Care for All
- Promote an inclusive and collaborative approach to improving experiences of care
- Support improvement in experiences of care in provider and commissioning organisations
- Support Patient Experience and Staff Experience Leads to highlight and influence improvements in experiences of care with a range of stakeholders
- Drive interest in experiences of care at a national level using social media and other communication approaches
- Recognise ‘grass roots’ staff for their tremendous contributions to improving experiences of care and build on this energy for ongoing improvements.
The hashtag #ExpofCare is being used to capture tweets and key messages about what people are doing, and anyone can join in.
Find out more on the We Communities website