NHS England: Recruitment to Lived Experience Partners for Long COVID Programme
NHS England are looking for people to contribute to their Long COVID lived experience to help improve Long COVID services.
The programme sets the national policy and commissioning standards for Post COVID services. Working with people with lived experience is vital to ensuring their work considers the needs of all those affected by Long COVID.
To be suitable, you will:
- have recent (last 12 months) lived experience of Long COVID
- be able to work together with colleagues and offer objective challenge
- display sound judgement
- have an awareness of, and commitment to, equality, diversity and inclusion.
Your role as Long COVID lived experience partner will include:
- Championing the diversity of Long COVID lived experiences from different populations.
- Influencing the Programme team as they support systems to build local networks of lived experience partners.
- Reviewing and commenting on documentation prepared for the Long COVID Programme and Board.
- Collaborating with programme staff to input your lived experience where it can best impact the programme’s workstreams.
- Complying with Confidentiality, Declaration of Interest, and Ways of Working Together policies.
NHS England welcome applicants from all backgrounds and protected characteristics, particularly from people with experience of Long COVID who are also:
- from a community where local people lack access to stable employment, good education, housing, food and amenities
- living with another pre-existing long-term condition (for example, but not exclusive to neurological conditions, diabetes, a heart condition, arthritis)
- a parent/guardian of a child with experience of Long COVID
Induction and ongoing training provided, including on information governance and equalities, with a time commitment of 2 days per month plus quarterly Programme Board meetings.
The role will begin in July 2022 until June 2023.
NHS England’s Patient and Public Voice Partners Policy explains you can claim an involvement fee of £150 per day and be reimbursed for reasonable expenses, including childcare and travel in this role.
You can apply by downloading the information pack and completing the application form. The closing date for applications is 11:59 pm on 13th June 2022.
If you have any questions or have support needs to apply, please email [email protected]