Association of Mental Health Providers: Lived Experience Advisory Group
The Association of Mental Health Providers, part of the VCSE Health & Wellbeing Alliance, are looking for people to join their Lived Experience Advisory Group. They would like people with living/learnt experience of poor mental health and illness, including SMI, or an unpaid carer, who are passionate about mental health and want to make a difference to mental health policy and practice to join the group.
Members will attend the advisory group and, if necessary, some project working group meetings and support the work of the organisation by sharing their expertise and experiences of mental health services.
- Hours: Four 2-hours meetings to be held quarterly and some additional work may be required on an ad hoc basis in between, including participating in project working groups.
- Duration: One year term (with potential for extension).
- Location: Online, potential future meetings in London. Applicants based in England only.
- Remuneration: Dependent on activity, ranging from £50-150.
They are particularly looking for:
- those drawing on services provided by the VCSE mental health sector – community, housing, residential, complex needs, substance misuse
- those no longer drawing on services but have experience of this including as a carer
- those drawing on services provided by the NHS only
- those belonging to a minoritised (Black, Asian, Minority Ethnic) community
- those from other protected characteristic groups or facing health inequalities such as LGBT, women, older people, children, and young people, and/or those with experience of homelessness or the criminal justice system
- those aged between 18-25
- those with experience of co-production
The deadline for applicants is midnight, Thursday 28 April. More information on the Group and how to apply can be found here.