NHS England research project: Long-COVID Lived Experience Partners
The NHS England and NHS Improvement Insight and Feedback Team are recruiting three Lived Experience Partners to bring a patient experience perspective to their Long-COVID Patient Experience Research Working Group.
The Insight and Feedback team have commissioned a research project, aimed at understanding the experiences of patients with Long-COVID. A working group has been set up, and the role of it is to be involved in shaping the research project, by meeting regularly to discuss and influence the project and key decisions.
The role of Lived Experience Partners in the working group will be to:
- Attend the regular Working Group meetings
- Complete any reading/actions in between the regular meetings
- Ensure that the Long-COVID Patient Experience Research considers and prioritises the patient voice
- Input into key decisions made by the working group
- Be an active team member, working in partnership with the project team
The team are looking for three Lived Experience Partners, one from each of the below profiles:
- Profile 1: A parent/guardian of a child/young person (under 18) who has lived experience of Long-COVID, from a community where local people lack access to stable employment, good education, housing, food and amenities.
- Profile 2: An adult with lived experience of Long-COVID, from a community where local people lack access to stable employment, good education, housing, food and amenities.
- Profile 3: An adult with lived experience of Long-COVID, alongside another pre-existing long-term condition (for example, but not exclusive to, mental health conditions, neurological conditions, diabetes, a heart condition, arthritis etc.)
Membership of the group is until September 2022 initially, at which point the group will be reviewed. Members will be required to attend online Teams meetings at least once a month, however, increased workload/meetings at the start and end of the project is anticipated.
As PPV partner level 4 roles, people recruited can claim an involvement fee for their participation.
The closing date for applications is Monday 25 April 2022, with interviews to be held on MS Teams week commencing 2 May 2022.