Patient Participation Group Awareness Week, starts 31st May
Next week marks Patient Participation Group Awareness Week, run by the National Association for Patient Participation. A Patient Participation Group is set up by a GP practice and its role includes:
- being a critical friend to the practice;
- advising the practice on the patient perspective and providing insight into the
responsiveness and quality of services;
- encouraging patients to take greater responsibility for their own and their family’s
- carrying out research into the views of those who use the practice;
- organising health promotion events and improving health literacy;
- regular communication with the patient population.
Find out more about PPG Awareness Week and how you can get involved on the NAPP site.