Join the GLA Eid Community Advisory Group
The Greater London Authority (GLA) are looking for new members to join existing members of their Eid Community Advisory Group (ECAG), to support and steer the GLA to deliver Eid in the Square successfully for London and its communities over the next two years.
They are seeking a diverse range of people who:
- represent London-wide Muslim communities and organisations
- live and or work in London
- understand Muslim traditions (old and new)
- have knowledge of Muslim culture, and events in London, and strong community and networking connections.
They are particularly interested in hearing from:
- Representatives from the Middle East, Africa and Eastern Europe
- People with strong links to organisations and sponsors who might be interested in partnership opportunities
- People with a good understanding/strong links with Muslim culture/music scene to help with programming
- Younger representatives (16 – 24) with good connections
- People with strong Muslim networks and marketing capabilities.
No formal experience is required but ideally you will be a representative of an organisation or membership body, feel comfortable being part of a diverse group, and be willing to listen to others and commit to several meetings each year.
The deadline for applications is 5pm on Friday 29th September. For more information, please email [email protected] for a detailed outline of the role and application process.