A Letter from Faith Communities to the Prime Minister
The faith leaders on the government’s Places of Worship Taskforce have written a letter asking the Prime Minister to reconsider closing places of worship during the new lockdown. Their reasonings include:
- Public worship is COVID-19 secure
- Public worship is essential to sustain service
- Public worship is necessary for social cohesion and connectedness
- Public worship is important for the Mental Health of our nation
- Public worship is an essential sign of hope
This letter has been signed by the faith leaders who make up part of the Places of Worship Taskforce.
To read the letter, please click here.