‘Welcome to NHS Cadets’ Webinar: The Voluntary Community and Social Enterprise sector (VCSE)
- Tuesday, 11th August 2020
- 2:00pm - 3:30pm
The NHS is working in equal partnership with St. John’s Ambulance (SJA) to develop ten thousand new ‘NHS cadets’ within the next three years. They aim to help to provide young people with invaluable life skills, offering a route into a career in the health service for thousands of British teens, and deliver on the Long Term Plan commitment to double the number of volunteers in the NHS by 2021.
Across the country, and over the past few months, a number of NHS provider pilots sites have been nurturing the NHS Cadets programme. The Cadets partnership are holding an informative and introductory webinar exclusively for the VSCE on Tuesday 11 August 14:00 – 15:30.
They aim to cover the following:
- An overview of the NHS Cadets Programme
- The benefits of youth volunteering and social action.
- To hear directly from NHS Cadets about their experience of the Programme
- To hear from NHS Cadet Pilot site about their experiences - with a particular focus on working with the VCSE
- Discuss the benefits and good practice of working with the VCSE.
To register for the webinar please e-mail [email protected] stating your organisation and which of the sessions you would like to attend. They will then send a calendar invite with a Teams link.