fbpx
The FaithAction Coffee House

We’re holding a fornightly FaithAction Coffee House for all of our members.

With the help of one or two guest speakers, we will facilitate a conversation on a topic of interest to you, before opening the floor for each of you to share any stories, best-practices, or challenges you’ve faced. It’s an opportunity for each of you to share what you’ve learnt with others, and to glean wisdom and ideas from each other as you learn about what other members around the country are up to.

You’re likely facing many of the same challenges; why not see if anyone else has a solution!

FaithAction’s Coffee House sessions have proved to be a wealth of information, ideas and tips on good practice that has really helped me understand how faith groups can continue to function under the current challenging conditions. I would highly recommend dropping in on relevant topics. Moira Groborz, Community Services Officer, Braintree Council
An oasis in the week to share inspiration, innovation, ideas and hope through sharing our faith, beliefs and best practice.   Wouldn’t miss it! Kathy Coe, Founder, Pathway Projects
I have really benefited from these meetings, as it has opened up a whole new world! Prior to the lockdown, my work was very narrow and just focused on the day to day running of the Bread Church. We have found the meetings very useful and informative about other faiths. Lorraine Howarth, Bread Church, Liverpool
Wednesday 3rd November, 11am

This week's theme is Befriending Week 2021

Befriending is a great way of helping people that would otherwise be socially isolated. Many projects are happening around the country, mostly staffed by volunteers and they help thousands of people each year.

Some services are online or over the phone, while others are face to face – but all involve the same principle; to provide people with much needed connections and support. Recipients of befriending schemes range widely, from young asylum seekers to older people.

Befriending can provide people with a renewed confidence and often opens up a range of new activities to them, in order to further their social connections. These benefits are of huge importance considering the effect that loneliness and isolation can have on mental health.

Befriending week, which starts on 1st November, is a time to raise awareness and celebrate everything that befriending is. Come along to the Coffee House on 3rd November to join the discussion!

• Are you involved with befriending?
  • Have you received support from a befriender?
  • Are you interested in starting befriending service?

Share this