fbpx
The FaithAction Coffee House

We’re holding a fornightly FaithAction Coffee House for all of our members.

With the help of one or two guest speakers, we will facilitate a conversation on a topic of interest to you, before opening the floor for each of you to share any stories, best-practices, or challenges you’ve faced. It’s an opportunity for each of you to share what you’ve learnt with others, and to glean wisdom and ideas from each other as you learn about what other members around the country are up to.

You’re likely facing many of the same challenges; why not see if anyone else has a solution!

FaithAction’s Coffee House sessions have proved to be a wealth of information, ideas and tips on good practice that has really helped me understand how faith groups can continue to function under the current challenging conditions. I would highly recommend dropping in on relevant topics. Moira Groborz, Community Services Officer, Braintree Council
An oasis in the week to share inspiration, innovation, ideas and hope through sharing our faith, beliefs and best practice.   Wouldn’t miss it! Kathy Coe, Founder, Pathway Projects
I have really benefited from these meetings, as it has opened up a whole new world! Prior to the lockdown, my work was very narrow and just focused on the day to day running of the Bread Church. We have found the meetings very useful and informative about other faiths. Lorraine Howarth, Bread Church, Liverpool
Wednesday 1st December, 11am

This week's theme is Faith's Response to Climate Change

Many faith groups have long been involved in environmental issues, raising awareness and campaigning on a wide range of issues.

The recent COP 26 UN summit saw many religious leaders join forces to express their concern and for the international community to raise their ambition and step up on climate change.  Almost 40 faith leaders signed a joint appeal. 

The summit prompted a flurry of activity from many faiths; from churches ringing their bells in unison for ‘Ring Out for Climate Change’, to synagogues taking part in ‘EcoShabbat’.  Such initiatives highlighted the ongoing commitment that faith groups have to conserving the planet.

• Is your faith setting involved in environmental issues?
  • Would you like to learn more about how your community can make a change?
  • What are the practical steps that can make a difference?

Join us at the next Coffee House to share your thoughts and opinions

Share this