fbpx
The FaithAction Coffee House

We’re opening up a weekly FaithAction Coffee House for all of our members.

With the help of one or two guest speakers, we will facilitate a conversation on a topic of interest to you, before opening the floor for each of you to share any stories, best-practices, or challenges you’ve faced. It’s an opportunity for each of you to share what you’ve learnt with others, and to glean wisdom and ideas from each other as you learn about what other members around the country are up to.

You’re likely facing many of the same challenges; why not see if anyone else has a solution!

FaithAction’s Coffee House sessions have proved to be a wealth of information, ideas and tips on good practice that has really helped me understand how faith groups can continue to function under the current challenging conditions. I would highly recommend dropping in on relevant topics. Moira Groborz, Community Services Officer, Braintree Council
An oasis in the week to share inspiration, innovation, ideas and hope through sharing our faith, beliefs and best practice.   Wouldn’t miss it! Kathy Coe, Founder, Pathway Projects
I have really benefited from these meetings, as it has opened up a whole new world! Prior to the lockdown, my work was very narrow and just focused on the day to day running of the Bread Church. We have found the meetings very useful and informative about other faiths. Lorraine Howarth, Bread Church, Liverpool
Wednesday 21st April, 11am

This week's theme will be faith communities and the police.

There are many similarities between the aims of faith groups and the police. Both aim to tackle challenges within communities; both aim to address societal issues and both spend considerable time engaging with local communities.

Many faith groups offer services that complement the work of police, for example Street Angels that assist people on the streets or by running drop-in centres for homeless people.  Some faith groups already have good links with their local police force, which leads to a partnership in supporting vulnerable or at-risk groups, often resulting in a reduction in crime. 

Faith also plays a part in supporting the wellbeing of the force, something that has been of particular importance during the pandemic.  Police chaplains support and provide pastoral care to police officers and staff and are a vital part of the team.

• Does your faith groups have strong links with its local police force?
  • Would you like to find out how to engage more with the police?
  • Are you interested in finding out more about the role of police chaplains?

Come along and join us and share your experiences and views and ask our panellists some questions.

Panellists include:

Share this