Tower Hamlets Inter Faith Forum: Inter Faith Week
- Tuesday, 16th November 2021
- 6:00pm - 8:00pm
- St Margaret’s House
21 Old Ford Road
- Tower Hamlets Inter Faith Forum
- Book / More Info
Tower Hamlets Inter Faith Forum are holding an event called Bridge Over Troubled Water, to mark Inter Faith Week 2021.
The event aims to:
• To CELEBRATE the work of local faith groups
• To BUILD RESILIENT communities post Covid
• To HIGHLIGHT the unique offer that faith provides society
Faith groups have provided essential support to residents in Tower Hamlets, before and during the pandemic, and have been at the heart of providing support for people, particularly those facing the worst health and social inequalities.
Faith communities continue to play an instrumental part in providing people with vital necessities such as food but also giving much needed emotional and spiritual support in difficult circumstances.
Faith groups are a key part of the recovery from the pandemic – it is time to build upon the intense work from the past eighteen months. The profile and awareness of what faith has to offer has never been higher; many groups have found that they have built stronger links with statutory services and other voluntary sector groups. How can we ensure that faith continues to be at the forefront?
Guest Speakers :
- Dilowar Khan, East London Mosque
- Peter Christmas, Quaker Social Action
- Jeremy Simmons, FaithAction
- Sister Christine Frost, Neighbours in Poplar
- Somen Banerjee & Abigail Gilbert, Tower Hamlets Public Health
- With Mayor of Tower Hamlets John Biggs
The Venue: The venue has step free access
Public Transport: The closest Underground Station is Bethnal Green, and overground is Cambridge Heath Station – these stations are not step-free. The venue is on bus routes D6, 388, 254, 106, 309, D3, and 8, with the closest bus stops being Old Ford Road, and Bethnal Green Station.
The nearest lift to street station is London Liverpool Street, followed by getting buses 8 or 388 to Bethnal Green Station or Old Ford Road respectively.
Parking: Free street parking is available outside the hours of 8.30am and 5.30pm, Monday to Friday, but this may be limited