Women’s Health and Maternity Care Seminar
- Wednesday, 10th October 2018
- 1:00pm - 4:30pm
- Mothers’ Union, Mary Sumner House
24 Tufton Street
- Maternity Action
- Book / More Info
Maternity Action, our partners in the VCSE Health and Wellbeing Alliance, invite you to a half-day seminar looking at past and future challenges in maternity care and women’s sexual and reproductive health, to coincide with this year’s 70th anniversary of the NHS.
The past 70 years have seen dramatic changes in the way that health professionals and voluntary organisations respond to the needs of women during pregnancy and new parenthood and in approaches to sexual and reproductive rights. The 70th anniversary of the founding of the NHS, provides an opportunity to celebrate the work of the many midwives, doctors, community workers and women’s health activists who have shaped our health services. It is also an opportunity to explore the contemporary challenges of providing care and support to an increasingly diverse population of women.
This event is relevant to all those who are active in the health and wellbeing of women, including NHS staff, midwives, voluntary and community sector workers and any others concerned with women’s health, perinatal health and maternal health.
Confirmed speakers include:
- Alison Mcfarlane (Professor of Perinatal Health, City University)
- Dilys Cossey (Lifelong campaigner for reproductive and sexual health and rights, Secretary of the Abortion Law Reform Association 1964-68)
- Dr Susan Bewley (Department of Women and Children’s Health, King’s College London)
- Monica Tolofari (Consultant Midwife in Public Health)
- Madge Milligan-Green (CEO, Bethel Doula)
- Durani Rapozo (Complex needs coordinator, LOASP)
- Dr Rayah Feldman (Senior Policy and Research Officer, Maternity Action)
- Kathryn Gutteridge (President, RCM)
Register for your free ticket: www.eventbrite.co.uk