Resilience, Trauma and Pastoral Recovery: A briefing for faith communities
- Wednesday, 9th February 2022
- 2:30pm - 4:00pm
- Book / More Info
The last two years of the COVID-19 pandemic have had a profound effect on all parts of society and will continue to do so for some time to come. For faith leaders, how to provide adequate pastoral care for their communities as they process the trauma of the last two years is a question many have faced.
Join FaithAction and The Healing Hub Project from the Guild of Health and St Raphael, as we launch our new paper Resilience, Trauma and Pastoral Recovery: A briefing for faith communities. The paper, written by Prof Jim McManus, Director of Public Health for Hertfordshire County Council and President of the Association of the Directors of Public Health, explores the impact of trauma in relation to the COVID-19 pandemic on our communities, and provides advice and guidance for faith leaders in how to draw up effective, evidence-based plans for helping communities recover.
We’ll also be joined by a panel of faith leaders looking at how their own faith communities have been affected by the trauma of COVID-19 and offering their responses to the paper.
- Daniel Singleton, National Executive Director, FaithAction
- Rev Dr Gillian Straine, CEO, The Guild of Health & St Raphael
- Prof Jim McManus, Director of Public Health for Hertfordshire County Council and President of the Association of Directors of Public Health
- Raymond Friel, Chief Executive Officer, Caritas Social Action Network
- Bishop Paul Rochester, General Secretary, Free Churches Group and Regional Bishop for Church of God of Prophecy, London & South East & Senior Pastor for Church of God of Prophecy, Croydon
- Prof Christopher Southgate, Professor of Christian Theology, University of Exeter
To register please visit our Eventbrite page: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/257854629137