Healing the History of Child Sexual Abuse Conference
- Sunday, 21st October 2018
- 10:00am - 5:30pm
- Cloisters Hall
St Benedict’s School, Marchwood Crescent
- Healing History
- Book / More Info
This conference is open to all different faith backgrounds. it aims to provide a space to connect and share learning from both those dealing with the aftermath of child sexual abuse and experienced safe guarding professionals, in order to prevent, stop and take responsibility for child abuse within our schools, child organisations.
Delegates will have the opportunity to:
- grow awareness of the core issues of child sexual abuse
- Be aware of the different roles and parts in a system, and find a protector role that is often missing
- Explore how to recognise the use of rank and power that can be abusive
- Understand how to take responsibility for preventing and stopping abuse
- Build supportive and resilient communities who should attend: Educators in schools, institutes, universities and seminaries and practitioners in new and traditional monastic communities.
It is open to for human rights activists and politicians, as well as health & mental care professionals, facilitators, and community builders, psychotherapists and organisational development practitioners.
For more information see the promotional flyer