FUNDING: Stratford-on-Avon Area Councillor Grant Fund
Stratford-on-Avon Area Councillor Grant Fund
Small grants are available to local groups for one-off projects that meet local community needs within Stratford-on-Avon.
- Maximum Value: £ 5,000
Each Committee Member has £5,000 which can be awarded for up to four projects per year.
The Councillor Grant Fund is provided by Warwickshire County Council and administered through Stratford-on-Avon Area Committee Members.
Funding is intended to support one-off activities that address local community needs and issues that have been identified within the Members’ Community Forum area.
Groups cannot apply directly for this fund but must initially approach Members to discuss their project.
The deadline for applications is 11 October 2013 (5pm).
Constituted local voluntary and community groups and organisations that are based and working in Stratford-on-Avon may apply. Town and Parish Councils may also apply dependant on the Councillor's preference.
Projects and activities must:
- Take place within Stratford-on-Avon.
- Address local community needs and issues that have been identified within the Stratford-on-Avon Members’ Community Forum area.
- Be one-off and not require additional funding.
Grants are to be used either to totally fund one-off activities and projects or as match funding.
The following are ineligible:
- Projects that promote religious or party political beliefs.
- Projects for personal profit.
- Social trips or holidays.
- Costs relating to items or work already carried out before the grant has been awarded.
- Loans or debt repayments.
- Activities that are part of statutory obligations or replace statutory funding.
- Projects which do not follow the Councils’ Equality and Diversity Policies and the national legislation on health and safety, discrimination and child protection.
- Running costs of an established group or activities which are that groups main service.
- Contributions towards major refurbishment, building or maintenance over £5,000.
The following cannot apply:
- Statutory organisations, for example County and District Councils, Police, NHS agencies.
- Party Political groups.
- Groups or organisations that have failed to meet the conditions of previous award agreements from Warwickshire County Council.
- Organisations with significant 'free uncommitted reserves'.
Groups cannot apply directly for this fund but must initially approach Stratford-on-Avon Area Committee Members to discuss their project. If the Member wishes to support the project, the Member will complete a form which will be submitted to the Stratford-on-Avon Localities and Communities Team.
Contact the Stratford-on- Avon Localities and Communities Team for further information.
Addresses and contacts
Application forms may be available to download on this site – please see the downloadable files on the right hand panel at the top of this page – or alternatively please check the funding body’s own website.
- Contact details:
Amanda Wilson-Patterson Stratford on Avon District Council
Stratford-on-Avon Area Office
- Telephone: 01789 260135
- Email: [email protected]
For more information, please visit Funding Central. Registration is completely free