FUNDING: Scottish Power – Energy People Trust
Scottish Power – Energy People Trust
- Status: Open to applications
- Application Deadline: 15 October 2013
Grants are available for registered charities to carry out projects that help to tackle fuel poverty in the UK.
- Fund Value: £ 4,000,000
- Maximum Value: £ 50,000
Projects can be supported for a maximum of three years, however, a £50,000 maximum funding limit applies.
Overheads or administrative costs should not exceed 15% of the overall funding requested, unless in exceptional circumstances, where a reason should be included.
The Energy People Trust Fund is provided by Scottish Power with the aim of helping the more than 2 million people in the UK estimated to be living in fuel poverty.
It can provide grants to registered charities to carry out projects that help to alleviate fuel poverty.
The Trustees meet four times a year, at the beginning of March, June, September and December.
2013 deadlines: 15 January 2013; 16 April 2013; 16 July 2013; and 15 October 2013.
Funding is available to charities registered with the Charity Commission or Office of the Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR).
Organisations can apply for funding to support projects or schemes covering the following:
- Crisis Funding – support to organisations that help young people setting up their first home.
- Income Maximisation – providing funding to front line charities that carry out benefits advice to households missing out on financial help that they are entitled to through welfare benefits and tax credits.
- Energy Efficiency measures and advice – improving home energy efficiency through draught proofing, insulating and offering energy efficiency advice.
- Or any combination of the above.
All projects must:
- Demonstrate that they address fuel poverty explicitly and as the primary purpose.
- Include the provision of energy efficiency advice and/or home energy efficiency measures, to ensure enduring benefits in terms of fuel poverty reduction.
- Demonstrate how many people will be helped as a direct result of the project.
Priority will be given to projects that will help families with young children and young people.
The Fund cannot support:
- Profit-making organisations.
The payment of debt, such as:
- Outstanding bills for catalogues, credit cards, or holidays.
Only one application per organisation can be made during each funding round.
Applications should be made online on the Scottish Power Energy People Trust website.
If an application misses the deadline for one funding round, it is automatically carried forward to the next one.
Contact Scottish Power for further information.
Addresses and contacts
Application forms may be available to download on this site – please see the downloadable files on the right hand panel at the top of this page – or alternatively please check the funding body’s own website.
- Contact details:
Scottish Power Green Energy Trust Scottish Power
Business and Community Relations
3rd Floor, Main Building
Cathcart Business Park
144 Spean Street
- Telephone: 0141 568 3492
- Email: [email protected]
For more information, please visit Funding Central. Registration is completely free.