FUNDING: Leeds Inspired Large Grants
Leeds Inspired Large Grants
- Status: Open to applications
- Application Deadline: 11 October 2013
Large grants are available for activities which bring Leeds alive with cultural events and projects that reveal different ways of experiencing the city for both local people and visitors as well as raising the city's profile as a great place for culture.
- Maximum Value: £ 15,000
- Minimum Value: £ 1,000
Grants between £1,000 and £15,000.
In exceptional circumstances grants over £15,000 will be considered.
Leeds inspired aims to promote access to culture. The scheme aims to achieve a balance of creative opportunity across the city for the benefit of all communities. The scheme is provided by Leeds City Council and works with a wide ranging definition of culture that includes: contemporary visual art, music, theatre, dance, puppetry, craft, film, photography, radio, new media, digital art, writing and sport.
The upcoming deadlines are 11 October 2013 and 24 January 2014.
The following are eligible to apply for non profit making cultural projects or events:
- Individuals (who can demonstrate previous experience of running similar projects and budgets)
- Arts organisations
- Community and voluntary groups
- Commercial organisations who wish to run a non-profit arts/cultural project
- Groups of organisations (with one taking the lead application role)
The scheme works with a wide ranging definition of culture that includes: contemporary visual art, music, theatre, dance, puppetry, craft, film, photography, radio, new media, digital art, writing and sport.
Activities which increase people's access to culture and enable people to take part fully and with greater confidence will be funded.
The following culture related activities can be funded:
- Participatory project work
- Events and arts education activities
Match Funding Restrictions
10% cash match funding is required (not in kind support).
Other income can include:
- Earned income from the activity eg ticket sales.
- Funding from public organisation eg the Arts Council, Central Government or the EU.
- Grants from trusts and foundations.
- A contribution from the organisation.
The following are ineligible for funding:
- Students (unless working with a non educational partnership).
- Educational establishments where the activity does not provide clear benefit to the wider community or artists.
- Organisations outside of the UK.
- School or curriculum based work.
- Closed membership groups.
- Leeds City Council – unless working in partnership with another organisation.
- Activities not related to culture.
- Activities that provide no benefit or engagement opportunity to the people of Leeds.
- Retrospective costs.
- Activities that duplicate what already exists or are of no benefit to the public.
- Activities or events outside Leeds.
- Self-promotional activities.
- Applications where the main focus is capital spend for equipment.
- Costs, including general running costs, that are already covered by other funding or that could be covered by the organisation's own resources.
- Ongoing overheads relating to equipment or buildings, such as insurance, building repairs and maintenance costs.
- Charity fundraising events.
- Individual tuition training or research.
- Sports kit or equipment.
- Activities or events that take place in a school, within school hours.
- Applications for party political or religious purposes.
Applicants who would like to talk about an application can contact Jane to book a grant surgery by emailing [email protected]
The preferred method of submission is by email to: [email protected]
Applicants are advised to request confirmation of their submission via email. Alternatively, hard copy submissions can be made by post.
Addresses and contacts
Application forms may be available to download on this site – please see the downloadable files on the right hand panel at the top of this page – or alternatively please check the funding body’s own website.
- Contact details:
Jane Earnshaw Leeds Inspired
The Town Hall
- Telephone: 0752 838 3910
- Email: [email protected]
For more information, please visit Funding Central. Registration is completely free