FUNDING: Hereford City – Grants Funds
Hereford City – Grants Funds
Financial assistance is available for local not-for-profit groups and organisations to assist with community projects and services taking place within the City of Hereford.
- Maximum Value: £ 3,000
- Minimum Value: £ 0
Grants of between £50 and £3,000 are available.
Appl;icants may apply for a grant on more than one occasion in any financial year, but the total sum of all applications submitted from one organisation, charity or group should not exceed £3,000.
Hereford City Council provides a Grants Fund to community groups and organisations in Hereford City to support community projects and services which assist and benefit the local community in a number of ways.
The upcoming 2013/14 deadlines are 10am on 11 October 2013, 7 February 2014 and 9 May 2014.
Local community organisations, charities, clubs, societies and groups based in the parish of Hereford City may apply.
To be eligible, applicants must:
- Be based in the Parish of Hereford City.
- Be properly constituted and non-profit making.
- Be properly managed, hold regular meetings and have audited accounts.
- Comply with disability discrimination legislation, equal opportunities and race equality, and be open to all sections of the community.
- Show local community involvement and support for the project.
Projects must take place within the Hereford City parish boundaries.
Funding is available for specific project and service outputs that will either complement the Activity Blocks or elements within Hereford City’s Community Led Plan, which are:
- Activity Block 1 – Improving the look and feel of the City by investing in local neighbourhoods as well as the City Centre.
- Activity Block 2 – Improving the cultural life of the city and the connection that people have with their heritage.
- Activity Block 3 – Improving the capacity of local communities to do things for themselves by supporting local groups and investing in community facilities.
- Activity Block 4 – Improving the sustainability of the City by including encouraging activities that will reduce the carbon footprint of the City.
Match Funding Restrictions
Applicants will have to show evidence and results of fundraising efforts and/or other sources of funding that have been applied for.
The following are not eligible for funding:
- Projects covered by other statutory bodies.
- Political or religious activities.
- Equipment for personal use of any one individual in an organisation, charity or group.
- Any spend or event taking place prior to approval of the application.
All applicants are required to have a representative attend a Grant Committee Meeting where their application is being considered.
Contact Hereford City Council for further information.
Addresses and contacts
Application forms may be available to download on this site – please see the downloadable files on the right hand panel at the top of this page – or alternatively please check the funding body’s own website.
- Contact details:
Tracy Morriss Hereford City Council
Town Clerk's Office
- Telephone: 01432 260456
- Email: [email protected]
For more information, please visit Funding Central. Registration is completely free