FUNDING: Chelmsford – Corporate Grant Aid Scheme
Chelmsford – Corporate Grant Aid Scheme
- Status: Open to applications
- Application Deadline: 16 October 2013
Grants are available to the voluntary and community sector for projects that improve the quality of life for Chelmsford residents.
Grants of up to £10,000 are available, although most will be for between £500 and £4,000.
The Corporate Grant Aid Scheme is provided and administered by Chelmsford City Council.
The scheme provides funding to community and voluntary organisations that are run by and operated for the benefit of Chelmsford City residents.
The upcoming deadline is 16 October 2013.
The following organisations may apply:
- Community and voluntary organisations (a wide range of organisations including charities, social enterprises, residents associations etc).
- Parish Councils (must demonstrate that they have considered raising funds through the precept (ie local tax) instead).
- Schools (must demonstrate that the project is of wider community benefit and is not something that should be funded by the local education authority instead).
- Faith groups (religious/belief based groups, eg churches, mosques etc may apply but must demonstrate that the project is of wider community benefit and does not involve the promotion of religion or belief).
The organisation must have a bank account with a minimum of two signatories that are not related by family, marriage or that are co-habiting.
Costs of eligible projects.
Projects requesting funding must contribute in some way to one or more of the following themes and priorities:
Chelmsford Community Plan Themes
- Healthy and active
- Socially inclusive
- Nurturing the environment
Chelmsford City Council – Corporate Priorities
- Attracting investment and delivering infrastructure
- Facilitating suitable housing for local needs
- Providing high quality public places
- Promoting a more sustainable environment
- Promoting healthier and more active lives
- Enhancing participation in cultural activities
The Council recommends that the Chelmsford City Council – Corporate Plan and Chelmsford Community Plan are looked at in detail so that applicants are able to show evidence of the stategic fit of their project.
Match Funding Restrictions
The Council will award a maximum of 50% of total project costs. All applications must clearly show that they have sought or are seeking funding from other sources.
The following are not eligible for funding:
- Retrospective costs.
- Promotion of religious or political beliefs.
Contact Chelmsford City Council for more information.
Addresses and contacts
Application forms may be available to download on this site – please see the downloadable files on the right hand panel at the top of this page – or alternatively please check the funding body’s own website.