Funding: Leicestershire – Social Enterprise Fund
Leicestershire – Social Enterprise Fund
- Open to applications
- Application Deadline:
- 17 September 2012
Grants are available to help social enterprises in Leicestershire grow and develop.
- Maximum Value:
- £ 1,000
Grants of up to £1,000 are available.
Leicestershire County Council is working with CASE (Co-operative & Social Enterprise Development Agency) and the Leicestershire, Leicester and Rutland Community Foundation to support the development of social enterprises within the county of Leicestershire.
Funding is intended to provide Leicestershire social enterprises with an opportunity to look at their development, capacity and growth.
Leicestershire County Council is particularly interested in applications from organisations providing services that meet the Council’s priorities in the following areas:
- An ageing population (including vulnerability and mental health).
- Troubled families.
- Unhealthy lifestyles.
- Economic growth.
The deadline for applications is 17 September 2012 (5pm) for consideration in November 2012 and 17 December 2012 (5pm) for consideration in February 2013.
Social enterprises (Community Interest Companies, Industrial and Provident Societies, and unincorporated clubs and associations) may apply. Applicants can be either an established organisation or a start-up organisation.
To be eligible, applicants must:
- Be operating in Leicestershire.
- Be locally run.
- Have a clear social purpose and can show that a social enterprise model is the best way to deliver their services.
- Have a set of rules (a constitution or Memorandum and Articles of Association)
- Have their own bank account with at least two signatories
- Be able to provide up-to-date financial information for their organisation.
Funding is intended for business development activities, including:
- Marketing and promotional materials.
- Market research and feasibility studies.
- Business planning.
- Equipment (if it will substantially improve production/service delivery).
All activities and purchases must be completed by 31 March 2014.
Match Funding Restrictions
Match funding is not a stipulated requirement
The following are not eligible for funding:
- One-off project work.
- Ongoing charitable activities.
- Statutory organisations.
- Organisations that do not fit the social enterprise model.
- Organisations primarily working outside Leicestershire or with non-Leicestershire communities.
- General running costs.
- Back-office equipment.
- Buying or maintaining minibuses or other vehicles.
- Fundraising events and activities.
- Project delivery or the continuation of services and activities for the community.
- Activities promoting political or religious beliefs.
- Retrospective costs.
An application form and guidelines can be found on the Leicestershire, Leicester, and Rutland Community Foundation website.
The following documents must be submitted by post to the Community Foundation along with the completed application form:
- A signed copy of the organisation’s set of rules, terms of reference, constitution
- A signed copy of the organisation’s most recent annual accounts.
- A copy of a bank statement dated in the last three months.
- A safeguarding policy if working with children and young people or vulnerable adults.
Contact Leicestershire, Leicester and Rutland Community Foundation for further information.
Addresses and contacts
For further information on how to obtain this funding opportunity locally, please contact the following:
- Contact details:
Grants Team Leicestershire, Leicester and Rutland Community Foundation
20a Millstone Lane
- 0116 222 2205
- Taken from Funding Central – http://www.fundingcentral.org.uk/SchemeList.aspx?RF=NEWS&WCI=htmResults&WCU=CBC=View,DSCODE=OTSSCMLIVE,SCHEMEID=248-S38748,UDATA=SCHEMEVIEWBACK=HOME