Funding: The Oak Foundation
- Open to applications
Grants are available to not-for-profit organisations for projects that address issues of global, social and environmental concern, particularly those that have a major impact on the lives of the disadvantaged.
The minimum grant available is USD25,000. There is no specified maximum amount
The Oak Foundation, established in 1998, consists of a group of charitable and philanthropic organisations. The foundation's funding comes from an interest in the Duty Free Shoppers business.
The Foundation administers different programmes including:
- Environment – Climate Change.
- Environment – Marine Conservation.
- Child Abuse.
- Human Rights.
- Issues Affecting Women.
- Housing and Homelessness.
- Learning Disabilities.
- Special Interest Grants.
- Denmark – projects relating to social issues and the arts.
- Zimbabwe – projects relating to health, water supply, education and women, children and the elderly.
Rolling programme. Applications can be made at any time
Not-for-profit organisations may apply for projects that address the following areas:
- Child abuse.
- Housing and homelessness.
- International human rights.
- Issues affecting women.
- Learning differences.
- Special interest.
Funding is available for:
- Special projects.
- Core costs.
- Capital needs.
- Technical assistance.
- Collaborative activities.
Multi-year projects are subject to regular progress reviews.
Match Funding Restrictions
Projects are required to show that financial commitment from other sources has been obtained.
The following are not eligible for funding:
- Religious organisations for religious purposes.
- Projects that support candidates for office.
- General fundraising drives or events.
- Applications for amounts of less than USD25,000 (except in special circumstances).
There is no standard application form. Letters of enquiry should include a brief description of the project, and be no more than two or three pages long.
Although unsolicited requests through letters of enquiry are accepted, most of the Foundation's grants are awarded to organisations invited to apply by the Foundation's programme staff.
The Foundation aims to respond within two months of the initial enquiry.
It is requested that applicants review the Foundation's online information before making direct contact concerning general enquiries. Click here for further information (opens in new window).
Addresses and contacts
For further information on how to obtain this funding opportunity locally, please contact the following:
- Contact details:
Enquiries Oak Philanthropy Limited
43 Palace Street