Funding: Breckland Council
Breckland Council Match Funding – Large and Small Grants
- Open to applications
The scheme provides match funding assistance to business and community groups involved in community, business and skills support work within Breckland. The aim is to encourage partnership working and development across the district.
There is a limit to the funds available, both overall and geographically. Funds are allocated under two schemes:
Small Grant Scheme
Applicants can request up to £3,000 towards a project. There is a maximum of 50% of the total project costs available through this grants scheme.
Large Grant Scheme
Applicants can request from £3,000 up to £20,000 towards a project. There is a maximum of 30% of the total project costs available.
The Breckland Council Match Funding scheme is provided and administered by Breckland Council. Funding is intended to provide some support to business and community organisations that need additional funding for their projects. This enabling fund aims to encourage partnership working and development across the district to address the needs of the Breckland area.
The first 2012 deadline for receipt of applications: 17 February 2012
To be eligible, an applicant must:
- Be an organisation (business or community).
Have a project that directly contributes to at least two of the Council objectives, which are:
- Building Safer and Stronger Communities.
- Environment: Clean and green.
- Prosperous Communities: Healthy, prosperous and sustainable communities.
- Your Council, Your Services: A council that listens and delivers services based on the needs of its customers.
- Entrepreneurial Council: To recognise the full earning potential of the council and ensure value for money.
- Have a project sponsor, such as a Breckland Officer, who is willing to represent and support the project.
Applications must be in support of activities based within the Breckland area and must encourage partnership working and development to address identified need.
Funding is available for capital and revenue costs.
Match Funding Restrictions
Match funding is a specified requirement.
The following are not eligible for funding:
- Core costs.
- Existing activities.
- Activities that start before funding is granted.
Applicants may apply for either a Small Grant or a Large Grant.
Applicants should first fill out an Eligibility Application Form which can be either downloaded from the Council website or a hard copy can be requested from the Council.
Contact Breckland Council for further information and an application form.
Addresses and contacts
For further information on how to obtain this funding opportunity locally, please contact the following:
- Contact details:
Community Development Breckland Borough Council
- 01362 656870