FUNDING; Operation of Sport Englands Community Sports Development Programme
Procurement opportunity to develop, deliver and manage the Community Sports Development programme on behalf of Sport England.
- Contract Value:
- £ 4,000,000
- 1 Year to 2 Years
The estimated value of the contract is between £1 million and £4 million.
The duration of the contract is one year with an option to extend annually for up to a further three years
Sport England is inviting applications to develop, deliver and manage its Community Sports Development programme.
The successful applicant will be responsible for:
- The strategic overhaul and redevelopment of the programmes.
- Repositioning of existing support to enable Grow, Sustain and Excel outcomes.
- Ongoing delivery and management to ensure the continued success of the programmes.
The provider will be required to deliver the following programme elements:
- Provision of an accreditation programme that is reflective of Sport England's strategic outcomes.
- A programme that assists clubs to aspire to their maximum potential.
- Ensuring a robust mechanism for re-accreditation and supporting licensed agencies.
- Provision of necessary support mechanisms for all stakeholders and interested parties.
- Consistency of service delivery and provision of programme management through contractual flux.
- Provision of a comprehensive package of resources that will support accreditation, sports administration and general organisation, and assist clubs with their continuous improvement and evolution.
- Ensuring user friendly sports development and administration tools can support the achievement of organisational outcomes.
- Provision of a base for the Club Leaders programme to offer niche support aligned to facilities, governance and business development.
- Compilation of the key business management information needed by clubs into one accessible resource base including:
- Identifying the key information to help clubs move to a sustainable, outward facing business model and meet all compliance requirements.
- Articulating this information in an accurate but compelling manner for use by trainers and club leaders.
- Preparing a suitable training package and associated delivery materials; recruit, train and deploy appropriately skilled individuals to:
- Deliver the training to the club leaders (considering various mediums).
- Hold review meetings with the club leaders to address key challenges.
- Offer an agreed level of support as the club leaders progress through their journey.
The provider will deliver a support package that will enable the creation of a quality opportunity and will be:
- Fully accessible to sports volunteers from all walks of life.
- Able to position itself as a market leader supporting a shared vision for stakeholders and partners alike.
Applicants must register with the Delta eSourcing website (opens in a new window) to access application documents and submit a response.
The deadline for the submission of applications is 9 am on 21 July 2011.
Addresses and contacts
For further information on how to obtain this funding opportunity locally, please contact the following:
- Contact details:
Enquiries Sport England
- 020 7273 1551