Invitation to attend Chaplaincy guidelines review workshop for patients and patient representative groups
- Wednesday, 20th February 2019
- All Day
The NHS Chaplaincy guidelines published in 2015 provided a comprehensive description of good practice in chaplaincy care for the NHS in England. The document responded to changes in the NHS, society and the widening understanding of spiritual, religious and pastoral care.
In addition, in the light of the 2010 Equality Act the guidance provided for the care of patients and service users whatever their religion or belief. The guidelines recognised the development of chaplaincy in a range of specialities including General Practice and in areas such as Paediatrics and Palliative care. Research and innovation was also affirmed as important areas for chaplaincy both for improved practice and as a basis for commissioners to understand the benefits of chaplaincy-spiritual care.
Over the last three months NHS Employers has engaged with chaplains, NHS Managers, equality leads to review the existing guidelines and this has provided a wealth of feedback that will help shape the proposed revised guidelines in 2019.
This workshop has been organised in response to the need to engage specifically with patients and patient representative groups and provide them with an opportunity to comment on the guidelines.
- Help review the existing guidelines and suggest new ways forward
- Understand and address how organisations have integrated growing equality consideration within healthcare chaplaincy
- Share and learn about best practice in the field of Healthcare Chaplaincy
- Be part of an engaging and inspiring event with lots of opportunities to make useful connections.
Who should attend?
This event is primarily aimed at patients and patient representative groups
How to book your place
If you would like to attend please email: [email protected]
Please note booking is essential.