Curating Spaces of Hope: Building Capacity for Social Enterprise
- Wednesday, 17th October 2018
- 1:00pm - 7:00pm
- University of Salford
- Spaces of Hope
- Book / More Info
A conference series combining research, practice and enterprise, all contributing to the reimagining, reshaping and transforming of our public spaces and partnerships in the North West of England.
This series builds on the vision and insight of multiple relational networks that traverse Faith Communities, Local Authorities and the Community and Voluntary Sector. Spaces of Hope has grown with the support of Social Movements in Health in Greater Manchester, which was supported by Action Together Tameside and the Royal Society of Arts.
Alex Fox OBE from TLAP, Shared Lives Plus and author of A New Care Health & Care System: Escaping the Invisible Asylum.
- Dr Erinma Bell MBE DL – Community Activist in Peace & Conflict Resolution.
- Debbie Sorkin – Director of Systems Leadership at The Leadership Centre
- Jackie Le Fevre – UK Lead AVI Values Practitioner
- Dr Lisa Oakley – Chair of National working group for child abuse linked to faith and belief.
- Guy Lister – Chairman of Link Up, Chaplain at Chester City Football Club and Pastor at Northgate Church Chester
Spaces of Hope has established a strategically-significant, values-based and policy-driven foundation for relational and person-centred working through recent work in Stockport and Chester in 2016 and 2017.
This makes the Curating Spaces of Hope: Call to Action series highly relevant to policy makers, faith communities, community and voluntary sector activists and researchers. At each of the three events, you will be equipped with a practical toolkit for building and sustaining capacity for leadership, social enterprise and co-production that shapes our public spaces, our public policies, and our public practices, and illustrates the public good of our research.
Other events in this series:
- Building Capacity for Leadership – 12 September, Chester
- Building Capacity for Coproduction – 5 December, Stockport