FaithAction Friendly Places Training
FaithAction is offering (free!) Friendly Places training in Mental Health Awareness Week. This will focus on how faith groups and places of worship can ensure they are welcoming and accepting to people who might be struggling with their mental health. It’s really about offering good hospitality, which many faith groups do quite naturally – but there might be further small steps they can take that could make a big difference.
The training is suitable for representatives from all faith groups; in the past, professionals from local NHS mental health trusts have also attended and found the opportunity to think about faith and meet local faith groups very useful.
The session covers:
- Friday, 18th May 2018
- 2:00pm - 4:00pm
- Castle Point
163 Bennett's Castle Lane
- Visit website
Light refreshments will be provided
- Being a Friendly Place and introduction to the Friendly Places Pledge
- Exercise: what a good welcome does and doesn’t look like
- Facts and figures about mental illness and dementia
- Action planning: what things could your group do to become a Friendly Place?
- Signing the Friendly Places Pledge
- Opportunity to network